- “And your petitioner as in duty bound shall ever pray etc”: how an 18th-century petition works
- What can you do with 10,000 18th-century petitions? 1: Counting Stuff
- The humble petitioners of 18th-century London
- History Carnival 151
- The History Carnival is coming back to EMN!
- ‘she was soe stuborn that she would give me noe answer’
- Our Criminal Past special issue in Law, Crime and History journal
- New Year, Old Stuff, Revamped: things in progress
- Record Linkage: project workshop and work in progress
- Repost: Tyburn’s Martyrs
- Sharon Howard on “And your petitioner as in duty bound shall ever pray etc”: how an 18th-century petition works
- Brodie Waddell on “And your petitioner as in duty bound shall ever pray etc”: how an 18th-century petition works
- Hatful of History to host History Carnival for Dec 2015: Nominate now! | Hatful of History on History Carnival 151
- artandarchitecturemainly on History Carnival 151
- Carnival — 10/28 – 11/03/2015 | Sorting out Science on History Carnival 151
- historyagain on History Carnival 151
Category Archives: News
I forgot about my 5th blogiversary. 17 June 2004 on Blogspot. Oh my. (Although it won’t be 5 years at this URL until the end of July. Maybe we should have a party then.)
The RHS Bibliography of British and Irish history will cease to be a free resource as of next January. This is really pissing me off.
Yesterday I noted this Guardian article, ‘Wikipedia editors may approve all changes’. Now, as it turns out, that headline is highly inaccurate. It seems that the ‘Flagged Revisions’ system would in fact only apply to a certain subset of Wikipedia … Continue reading
But today we dream. And you can get the inauguration soundtrack here.
Nominations for The Cliopatria Awards for the best history blogging are open until the end of November. The award categories are: Best Group Blog, Best Individual Blog, Best New Blog, Best Post, Best Series of Posts, Best Writer. Forgetful types … Continue reading
Stop Worrying About Obama Losing Already because he's going to win. *bites nails, sacrifices another chicken, does rain dance* OMG!!! Exclusive!!!! Must Credit LGM!!! "If Obama were some sort of secret, DFH terrorist front candidate, who exactly would he be signaling with … Continue reading
Well, it’s been a bit quiet here lately. Recently this has been mostly because I was spending a few days as a guest of the NHS to get rid of this little bugger. (Google tells me that Youtube has some … Continue reading